Dragonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonia is a fantasy Role Playing game where you can choose from a lot of other races and enjoy nice community.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hello and Welcome to Dragonia Guest. Hope you have good time here. -Lightning
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Naruto Ruby
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:21 pm by learning

» Count to 1,000!
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 10:16 pm by learning

»  Frugi Humus
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 am by bestgamenews02

» Bye All!
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:09 am by bestgamenews02

» Sorry for my inactivity
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:08 am by bestgamenews02

» My Short Trip to America
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:19 am by ImogenLockhart123

» Face Claims
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:34 pm by Dragon Dreyar

» The other towns
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:18 pm by Dragon Dreyar

» The Bending Arts
A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:56 am by ice2215

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Lunar
A Sorcerer? Voteba10A Sorcerer? Voteba10A Sorcerer? Voteba10 
Mebu
Lightning
Saber
Lone Coyote
Zane Hataro
Hatarou
Black Gold Saw
Slayer89
Zeref

Affiliates
A Sorcerer? 157yagy

A Sorcerer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:59 am

Kazuki looked around at all of the Skeleton warriors. He then looked at Sal. Sal had called him a Sorcerer. Talked about other things Kazuki didn't know about. Kazuki was now very curious as to how he knew so much about Kazuki's magic as well as what he was and all that. He needed to know what Sal knew.

Kazuki looked around the keep and spotted a slightly ajar door close by. He looked at the Skeleton warriors. Their attention was averted to something else. He then looked at Sal and whispered, "Come with me, I would like to ask you something in private." And with that, Kazuki slowly made his way toward the door. He opened it enough for himself to slip through, and then opened it a bit more while waiting for Sal.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:08 am

Sal: "Oooh? 'sup, kid? I didn't know you were the type to be plotting in the shadows, heh heh heh."

Sal slips into the room and quietly closes the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 am

Kazuki stepped in front of the door then held up his hand, the area around them lit up with a slight blue as he formed a Spirit Blast, though he did not fire it. "Ok. Now for the real reason why I called you in here. I want you to tell me what you know. What's a Sorcerer? What were you talking about with that Captain? Why are we really here? I want to know everything. Especially what's about what I am. If you lie to me, or try anything at all, I'll send this straight down your throat. And I doubt you'll like that. So don't even try to make a deal or anything. Because this is the only deal. Tell me, and you keep your life. I don't really care about your life right now. I've had to see people die, see their life disappear, feel their pain... Now spill it," said Kazuki. His voice, his face. They were the serious he had ever been in his life. And in the dim light from his Spirit Blast, it seemed a little more intimidating than it actually would be.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:29 am

Sal's eyes reflected the light of the spirit flame.

Whether Sal was intimidated or not was unclear. Years and years of mind games with merchants and interrogators made him exceptional at keeping pokerface.

Sal: "I know, little man. I already promised you information as a reward for following me here, so that's what you're getting."

Sal casually grabs a chair and wraps around it. Then he points Kazuki at another chair.

Sal: "Sit down. And ask one question at a time. Where do we start?"
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 am

Kenichi pulled a chair in front of the door, and sat down on it with the back of the chair against his stomach. "First off. I wanna know what I am."
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:02 am

Sal pulls out a cigar from his seemingly bottomless pouch and lights it with a match.

Sal: "You're a sorcerer. I'll start from the start. Some twenty years ago, there were two official kinds of magic. Arcane magic, or just "magic"; and divine magic, or sorcery. Look."

Sal grabs a sheet of papyrus from the nearby table and dips his long index nail in the inkwell.

Sal: "The schools were divided like so:

Arcane Schools:

Fire
Ice
Earth
Wind
Conjuration
Alteration

Arcane magic is based on science and research. You can develop your arcane abilities by studying and scrying with ancient texts and tomes, how far you get mostly relies on your intellect. It teaches the control of elements and includes the most common things such as hurlight fireballs and lightning bolts. At its best (or worst, depends) it can warp reality, time and space.

Divine Schools:

Life
Death
Divination

As you can see, it's much simpler. Now, the big difference is that instead of having to read dusty scrolls, divine magic is innate. Either you have it, or you don't. Call it God's gift if you will. The power to heal, see into the future, and manipulating the dead is something only divine mages can do."

Sal leans back in his chair and lets out a smoke ring.

Sal: "How's it so far? You gettin' any of that down, kid?"
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:09 am

"I beleive i understand. You say I'm a sorcerer. But why is spirit magic forbidden or whatever? I don't understand. And what were you talking about when you said something about Chism Children when we met?" asked Kazuki as he proccessed the information. He was able to do so easily from his time reading books and studying.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:44 am

Sal: "I'm getting to that."

He takes a sip from his water flask.

Sal: "Thing is, divine magic isn't so easily divided into separate schools. While the arcane arts are all by-the-book, while divine magic is more... spontaneous, or somethin'. There's no light without darkness and vice versa, meaning even a divine mage who specializes in healing can harness a deadly curse. There are no clear lines drawn. A fire mage can't strike his enemy with lightning or freeze him solid on the other hand.

Because of that, you understand that divine mages are much more prone to corruption. Arcane spellcasters have their set limits and can never go beyond them, while a sorcerer can be swayed to either good or evil, his magic following suit. That is why arcane and divine schools have been held strictly separate, and harbored an unspoken enmity towards the other.

Long story short. Around twenty years ago, a large group of divine mages, againts all rules, performed a summoning ritual to bring forth a major evil spirit. The reasons why they did that is still unknown, but fact is fact: they succeeded. The spirit apparently wasn't very keen on being bossed around once he arrived though, so he posessed all the sorcerers and made them wreak utter havoc on Draconia, almost setting of some sort of apocalyptic spell before they were stopped, or so I've heard.

That event consumed the last droplet of patience The Seven* had, and divine magic was banned altogether. In the following four or five years, knows as the Chism, children with innate sorcery abilities were hunted down and killed by official order from the king to prevent any more evil circles from emerging in the future. The greatest and wisest sorcerers could foresee this however, and hid their kids before the soldiers came to butcher them. Seein' your magic made me think you were one of those hidden kids. chances are, you have some really powerful ancestry, little man."

Sal takes another sip from his flask.

*((Royal advisor council of wizards))
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

"So... I can follow my dream and hopefully master all the other magics? Because I'm a... Sorcerer?" asked Kazuki as he looked at his spirit magic that lightly lit up the room.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

Sal: "Master all the magics? Heh. You can go ahead and try, but you're likely to die of old age before you accomplish anything interesting."

Sal: "Spirit magic is just another expression for general divine magic. Like I said, there are no boundaries within sorcery, so with some training and prayer you'll be able to do things no arcane mage can. The power to control life and death is something so many strive for and yet so few attain. As for being able to see into the future... heh heh heh. Your potential is pretty grand. I wouldn't be ashamed of having it myself."

Sal relits his cigar, which went out a few minutes before.
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 pm

"So... What are necromancers then? They are able to control the dead... Does that mean they are divines as well?" asked Kazuki as he looked at the door with all the skeletons out there.
Back to top Go down
Lunar

Lunar

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

"And what am I? Chop liver." speaks up Moon from the corner she had been hiding in. She had snuck in unseen behind Sal and hidden.
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:17 pm

"I was wondering if you were just here to spy or something. I guess you just didn't wanna be left alone with the skeletons," said Kazuki as he looked at her.
Back to top Go down
Lunar

Lunar

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm

"No, I was just wanted to know what you were sneaking off for." says Moon in a passive voice. She was twirling a black harpie feather in her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Mebu

Mebu

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 pm

"Yeah. Well. Good thing your here. Because there is something that I really wanna know," said Kazuki as he sat back.
Back to top Go down
Lunar

Lunar

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:39 pm

"Like what? I know nothing of your magic." says Moon still twirling the feather, all that was left of the last harpie she had summoned.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Sal continues talking, not affected by Moon's emergence at all.

Sal: "In contrast to popular belief, necromancy isn't evil. Innocent souls being tortured by the necromancers is a myth created and spread by The Seven in order to smoothly ban necromancy together with the rest of divine magic (never trust mass media). In fact, necromancy has nothing to do with souls. It's all about animating skeletons to do your bidding. Why skeletons? Well, you see, shaping and animating stone and clay is also an option, but it takes much more skill to form a pile of rubble into an onedient and effective golem. Skeletons already come in a package with legs to walk on and hands to grab with, making them much more available for use as servants. Knowhumsayin'?"

Sal flips a coin to amuse himself.

Sal: "As for the guys out there... it's a whole different story. Heh heh. I feel I've said enough, tiny man. You had better be satisfied, 'cause the rest is up to you to find out yourself. 'sides, we need to show ourselves for the grand ceremony about to take place. Don't want the walking dead to think that we went missing."

Sal blows a smoke ring at Kazuki's face, unwraps the chair and exits the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Sorcerer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Sorcerer?   A Sorcerer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Sorcerer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonia :: Continents :: Centeral Continent :: Other Locations-
Jump to: